These chocolate chip pancakes are amazing any day of the week.. but are particularly fun to have on the weekends. I found this recipe online, and wanted to share it with you because it is absolutely delicious along with being (gluten free/vegan) I can’t wait to make them again!
1 cup rolled oats*
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
However many chocolate chips you would like**
1. Add all your ingredients into a Vitamix and blend! If you don’t have a Vitamix or very high powered blender I would recommend mixing the almond milk and bananas in first and then add the oats and powders.
2. After you have your mixture, turn your pan on medium and make sure to grease it lightly with some oil. (I recommend coconut oil because it is extremely good for you and doesn’t go rancid at high temperatures. I have also used just a little bit of ghee and it works well. )
3. Finally place around 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and repeat the pancake making process. But don’t forget to add chocolate chips on top 🙂
* I used Bobs Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
** This recipe actually tastes amazing without the chocolate chips too, so if you don’t have them on hand or rather have a plain pancake, go for it!
*** For extra thick and fluffy pancakes you can use some “gums.” Add 1/4 tsp of X-antham gum and 1/8 tsp guar gum to your mixture and blend well. The brand I use is Bobs Red Mill.
This morning I woke up kind of late. I finally did my workout, and then was really craving a smoothie with a bunch of the fresh organic produce we have. Particularly strawberries and blueberries. This is what I came up with and it tastes pretty amazing! Definitely one of my new favorites. I love how smooth and creamy it is! You can’t even tell your drinking greens either.. and is great for those not used to drinking them 😉
berry good morning smoothie
Serves 1 to 2
1 cup milk*
1/2 of an avocado
2 cups chopped romaine
1 (very small) small cucumber*
2 cups spinach
1 cup strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
sweetener of choice*
* I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* I used about 10 drops of liquid stevia. Others that could go nicely would be 1 tbs of (honey, coconut sugar, coconut nectar, maple syrup)
I discovered a passion for nutrition three years ago and never looked back. I really believe eating whole natural foods as much as possible can have so many benefits to your health. (most of the time of course! 😉) I’ve been learning for a while on how to find a healthy balance of it all and try my best not be too extreme. I used to call myself a “vegan” but now I am done with labels. Yes, maybe right now I eat plant based foods most of the time. However, if I want something with meat, eggs, or dairy, I’ll have it. That happens on occasion.
So the point is… I am done with labels. I’ve learned that everyone is different and some people handle different types of diets better than others. I don’t have anything against anyone who eats differently than me. I have no “agenda” other than to inspire others to experiment on their own and find recipes they love that are good for you AND delicious 😊
I know many of you reading this have probably read my old blog “Pureglow16” on blogger before. I stopped writing in that one around last October. I am happy to announce that I am creating a new blog, here on Word press! It is going to be interesting trying to work this site, definitely different, but I hope I will get used to it soon like blogger. This has been a new chapter in my life, and I really just needed a clean slate. I am so happy to be back and I have missed a lot of you so much. (You know who you are.) Your support means a lot to me 🙂 The theme of this blog will be everything I love. (Fitness, food, recipes, music..) A long with any other interesting thing I find to write about as I go along.
Hope you are all doing well. I have to admit I have missed the blogging world just a little bit 😉