These chocolate chip pancakes are amazing any day of the week.. but are particularly fun to have on the weekends. I found this recipe online, and wanted to share it with you because it is absolutely delicious along with being (gluten free/vegan) I can’t wait to make them again!
1 cup rolled oats*
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
However many chocolate chips you would like**
1. Add all your ingredients into a Vitamix and blend! If you don’t have a Vitamix or very high powered blender I would recommend mixing the almond milk and bananas in first and then add the oats and powders.
2. After you have your mixture, turn your pan on medium and make sure to grease it lightly with some oil. (I recommend coconut oil because it is extremely good for you and doesn’t go rancid at high temperatures. I have also used just a little bit of ghee and it works well. )
3. Finally place around 1/4 cup of the batter onto the pan and repeat the pancake making process. But don’t forget to add chocolate chips on top 🙂
* I used Bobs Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
** This recipe actually tastes amazing without the chocolate chips too, so if you don’t have them on hand or rather have a plain pancake, go for it!
*** For extra thick and fluffy pancakes you can use some “gums.” Add 1/4 tsp of X-antham gum and 1/8 tsp guar gum to your mixture and blend well. The brand I use is Bobs Red Mill.
This recipe was mostly inspired by: Ambitious Kitchen
This morning I woke up late and actually wanted a salad for breakfast. This is what I decided to put together 🙂
3 cups arugula
Juice from 1/2 a lime
1 tsp hemp seeds
1 tsp gojji berries
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp hemp seeds
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbs blueberries
1/4 to 1/2 of medium avocado*
* I massaged the avocado in to make the salad wilted/ (this makes the dressing)
You can add a bunch of different things to this salad, but this is just a little idea of what I did.
This recipe was inspired by Katie from The Wellness Wonderland (Love her!)
What kind of toppings would you put on this salad?
This morning I woke up kind of late. I finally did my workout, and then was really craving a smoothie with a bunch of the fresh organic produce we have. Particularly strawberries and blueberries. This is what I came up with and it tastes pretty amazing! Definitely one of my new favorites. I love how smooth and creamy it is! You can’t even tell your drinking greens either.. and is great for those not used to drinking them 😉
berry good morning smoothie
Serves 1 to 2
1 cup milk*
1/2 of an avocado
2 cups chopped romaine
1 (very small) small cucumber*
2 cups spinach
1 cup strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
sweetener of choice*
* I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk
* I used about 10 drops of liquid stevia. Others that could go nicely would be 1 tbs of (honey, coconut sugar, coconut nectar, maple syrup)
*Cucumber is optional
*delicious but optional add ins: 1 tbs chia seeds, 1 tbs gojji berries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 tsp acai berry powder, 1 tsp spirulina, cocoa nibs